Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Camera Bag found on MRL 4th Sub

Date: 05/25/13 07:54
Camera Bag found on MRL 4th Sub
Author: GoatBoatMarty

While out on the 4th sub yesterday I found a camera bag with 1 or more lenses in it.

Was about MP 8 or 9, west of Plains. Here is photo location for reference.

PM me with the brand of bag and lens/lenses and I will gladly return it to its rightful owner.

Date: 05/25/13 08:39
Re: Camera Bag found on MRL 4th Sub
Author: SilvertonRR100

Let us know if you connect with the owner. Good to hear when we help each other.

Rob

Date: 05/25/13 12:31
Author: Hookdragkick

You are an honest person; lenses are $$$

Date: 05/25/13 12:56
Author: erielackawanna

Very cool of you to do this.

Date: 05/25/13 13:50
Author: fredkharrison

Back when my oldest son was doing an Eagle Scout project someone left a bag with a very expensive camera and several high quality lenses in it at a trailhead high in the Cascade Mtns. I posted an ad in the lost and found section of the classifieds and was surprised that two people tried to claim the find as their own, but I was suspicious because neither of them could very accurately describe the equipment. Fortunately, the real owner eventually called, who gave me the serial numbers of his equipment, which matched.

If you have important camera equipment, it would be wise for you to record the serial numbers and/or I.D. all of the pieces. If you lose them, you might just be the one to get them back!

Fred Harrison
Central Point, OR
CORPpower/JSS/EORS

Date: 05/25/13 13:53
Author: fbe

Yes, Marty is from a railroad family so you know he is good.

This is probably a good reason to remind people to attach a luggage tag to their camera bags. You wouldn't think you would leave one a hillside but you can quickly be hundreds of miles away before you realize it.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 05/25/13 19:24
Author: imrl

I once lost my little point and shoot camera. I went to all of the places that I could think of when I last had it. No dice. So, on a whim, I checked my local lost and found ads on Craigslist and our local paper. Wouldn't you know, there it was in our paper! I immediately called the person and quickly ID'd my camera. Turns out, I must have set it on the bumper of my truck and drove down the street. It fell off a few blocks from the house. The person h
Who found it lived the next block over and walked it over. I couldn't thank them enough! There are honest people in this world, still. I hope you find out who the camera belongs to. Also, you may want to post an ad on Craigslist and the local paper to help speed the process up. I know several railfans who are not a member here.

Date: 05/25/13 21:15
Author: fbe

"Also, you may want to post an ad on Craigslist and the local paper to help speed the process up. I know several railfans who are not a member here."

You understand this is Montana don't you? Things people take for granted are just not readily availably. Craig's list probably is for most of western Montana, the newspaper for the county is a weekly. Anything is worth a try, though.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds