Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CAEG Breast Cancer Coal Car

Date: 12/30/13 01:15
CAEG Breast Cancer Coal Car
Author: UPDetector

I've received note from my dad that Ameren has a coal car that's been special painted for breast cancer awareness (as I believe the messagecould be different but still on the subject to fighting breast cancer) I haven't seen it yet, but if any of you have, and have pictures of it, wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like to know if it's a Bethgon or 5 bay hopper.

Date: 12/30/13 04:18
Re: CAEG Breast Cancer Coal Car
Author: imrl

The one I have seen was on the end of a West Labadie empty coa train. It was the UCEX2014. It is a 5 bay bottom dump hopper like the rest of the UCEX fleet.

Date: 12/30/13 08:48
Author: CShaveRR

Couldn't find a picture on the two freight-car sites I frequent. It's reassuring to know, though, that it's not one of those gons with the two large tubs...

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 12/30/13 11:35
Author: Hookdragkick

Save the Tatas, burn coal?

Posted from Android

Date: 12/30/13 13:42
Author: UPDetector

Ahh so it's a Hillcrst Coal car then than a Coffeen or Newton coal car. OK thanks for the correction on that.

Date: 01/01/14 18:29
Author: waycar_rider

Is this the car that you referring about? I shot it Sunday at East Menoken. I did not know anything about this car. It is the UCEX 2014.

I didn't know that this car was in the train. I was set up for a going away shot. For once, I kept my left eye open. I notice the pink, and I pulled the trigger. If I had known that this car was in the train, I would have turned around for several shots of it.

Hope that this is car that you wanted a view.

Gary A. Rich
Aurora, CO

Date: 04/09/14 07:34
Author: Spoony81

Pretty sure this is the car I saw when I was coming out of the St Louis Cardinals home opener on Monday. It was just ahead of the DPU waiting to cross the MacArthur bridge heading east. I only had my iPhone so I couldn't zoom in enough to get a good pic.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds