Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP bridge construction near Davis, CA

Date: 07/22/14 22:31
UP bridge construction near Davis, CA
Author: grafvonb49

For about the last month or so a couple dozen bulkhead steel flatcars, all SSW 880000 series, each loaded with a concrete half of a trackbed section (bridge material?) were spotted on the 2nd St. short siding in Davis. One day last week I saw two UP units attached and now the cut is gone (somewhere...); there are a half dozen or so UPMW loaded ballast cars in the same spot. Where is the action?
Thanks!
Linton

Date: 07/22/14 23:01
Re: UP bridge construction near Davis, CA
Author: Amtrakdavis22

They have been replacing the Putah Creek Bridge just west of Davis, CA. Work windows have been placed in the middle of the night to not conflict with Capitol Corridor trains too much. Listen on the radio for Foreman Ochoa.

Jake Miille
Chico, CA
Jake Miille Photography

Date: 07/22/14 23:16
Author: grafvonb49

Wouldn't you know it! I ride the Corridor to/from Davis/Richmond frequently, but not all last week! Gonna miss the rumble going through the girder over Putah Creek, especially coming home in the evening. Thanks for the heads-up!

Linton

Date: 07/23/14 09:17
Author: coach

I be they keep the girders and just replace the wooden ballast deck section.

Date: 07/23/14 16:14
Author: TCnR

You can see the tall crane where the river bed and the tracks would intersect from the I-80 parking lot.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds