Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Centennial & Katy at North Platte

Date: 07/31/14 15:58
Centennial & Katy at North Platte
Author: kwo

I saw a report on heritageunits.com that said he thought UP 1988, the MKT heritage unit, was in North Platte, but he wasn't sure. For kicks and giggles, I headed over to the Golden Spike Webcam. When I got there, the camera was as south as it could go, over on the shops. Then, it panned to the north, and what do I see? UP 6936 sitting near the shops. Then, it kept panning, and Miss Katy came into plain sight, sitting in the open, until a group of locomotives came and blocked it...
~wko

Date: 07/31/14 16:00
Re: Centennial & Katy at North Platte

The camera left the power in front of it, only to return as Miss Katy was being coupled onto the string of locomotives, which included 3(!) NS units in a row. The camera left the power after going wide, and 1988 was put on the north side of the fueling racks, so it's hard to see now (look for the 3 NS units. It's right by them). Thanks for looking!
~wko

Date: 07/31/14 16:18
Author: MikeUP4014

Wonder why the 6936 is back there? What broke now?

Mike Keithly
Kimball, NE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/14 16:18 by MikeUP4014.

Date: 07/31/14 22:58
Author: UPTRAIN

Probably more like "What wasn't fixed the first time?"

Pump

Date: 08/01/14 05:24

I have a friend on Facebook who knows the engineer who ran it on the NPNY from Cheyenne to Denver and he said 6936 was giving them overspeed alerts at roughly 55 mph. I can't verify that, but it sounds like it could be legit.
~wko

Date: 08/01/14 07:51
Author: SP8595

That is correct, UP 6936 was having overspeed issues. It was supposed to have been setout at Cheyenne when it was running East from Denver. It is assigned to the MNPDV-31 today, again showing to setout at Cheyenne.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds