Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CORA Question

Date: 11/15/14 17:21
CORA Question
Author: ns2557

This being what appears to be an all inclusive document for Chicago RR's. Does this Instruction, Guide, etc have any "Official Weight"? Is it in fact an Official Document that participating RR's have to abide by? Just Curious. TIA. Ben

Date: 11/15/14 17:41
Re: CORA Question
Author: CShaveRR

The CORA book is a convenience...nobody's rulebooks, special instructions, and timetables are superseded by the CORA book (you carry this monster book around with you so you don't have to carry the timetables of these companies over whose tracks you might find yourself operating. The "guest" railroad follows its own operating rules, but obeys the applicable special instructions, timetable restrictions, etc., of the "host" railroad. Updates to the information in the book are issued from time to time as rules, instructions, track layouts, signals, etc., are changed.

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 11/15/14 18:07
Author: WrongMain

The CORA book is worth its weight in gold, and feels like it, too.

Date: 11/15/14 18:17
Author: CShaveRR

Correct on both counts. It was fairly compact in its first edition, but now...

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 11/15/14 19:40
Author: SlipperyWhenWet

WrongMain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CORA book is worth its weight in gold, and
> feels like it, too.

True that, very very helpful

Posted from Android

Date: 11/15/14 20:35
Author: imrl

When I worked for the IMRL and was forced to Davenport, they gave me a new stack of rule books to carry. One of them was the CORA book. It wasn't too big but I'd hate to have to carry it now. In Kansas City, we have a similar book called the Greater Kansas City Area Operationg Instructions. It's just basically an except of each railroads rule book and timetable that is specifically applicable to the area that other railroads operatig personnel would generally visit. It's handy for yard transfers, trains that terminate at other railroads yards, etc. it's just so you don't have to carry rules books, special instructions, timetables and maps for 6 or 7 different railroads. The CORA book is no different. I'm just grateful that I have the KC book in a digital format (except for the maps). Makes it super easy to carry.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds