Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > DRGW Searchlight question.

Date: 11/17/14 19:24
DRGW Searchlight question.
Author: upheritage6

How much longer should the DRGW searchlights last on the Moffat line and Joint Line?

Date: 11/18/14 09:26
Re: DRGW Searchlight question.
Author: SilvertonRR100

Until they are gone! I would think you have many years yet before the last ones go away. They seem to do small areas, maybe 30-50 miles at a time. One or two per year. Could take a while to finish off the old signals. But then again, if they have an area with heavy failures, it may get speeded up. Some areas are more complex. like where there are a lot of slide fences or more than usual number of sidings.

What areas have been completed.

Rob

Date: 11/18/14 13:23
Author: kwo

There's 2 sets left on the east slope: East Leyden and West Rollins. Those will most likely be gone by the end of 2015 (guessing here). Don't know what's left on the west side.
And since the Joint Line is not a main Amtrak line, my guess is those'll last awhile longer.
~wko

Date: 11/18/14 15:46
Author: upheritage6

There is a little more than that Kirk. There is West Crescent i think.

Date: 11/18/14 23:44
Author: Xtra276West

upheritage6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a little more than that Kirk. There is
> West Crescent i think.

West Pinecliffe, Noah; & -- on the Western Slope -- Hot Sulphur Springs all the way to Kremmling -- as of late summer, 2014.

Pat from Littleton, CO.

Date: 11/19/14 08:55
Author: RioGrandeFan

The only searchlights on the east slope of the Moffat are at East Leyden. Every other one has been replaced.

There are far more searchlights still on the western slope of the Moffat but they are falling fast as well. I believe that all of them are still in place on the Craig branch from at least Bond to Oak Creek, probably further.

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds