Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More NS Heritage in Texas

Date: 11/23/14 18:13
More NS Heritage in Texas
Author: BNSFDS

For the 2nd time in 3 days, one of Norfolk Southern's heritage units visited the Fort Worth area. Last Friday it was the Conrail engine on the rear of a BNSF oil train, this time it was the Nickel Plate engine on the rear of a Union Pacific ethanol train. Me and the wife (and the family dog) had an errand to run that took us up towards the Flower Mound area so after doing a little calculating, I figured I can shoot the train at the curve in the small town of Argyle on the Choctaw Subdivision. We arrived about 30 minutes before the train did and were joined by fellow TO members MKT103 and his grandson and KenFL9. After shooting the bull for a few minutes, a distant horn to the north announced the train's arrival.

1. UP 8620 leads train UEEBAD-20 around the curve at Argyle, Texas.

2 and 3. NS 8100 (Nickel Plate) shoving on the rear of the UEEBAD-20 at Argyle, Texas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/14 18:32 by BNSFDS.

Date: 11/23/14 18:15
Re: More NS Heritage in Texas
Author: BNSFDS

4. NS 8100 going away from us as the train continues south at Argyle, Texas.

There was one other heritage unit in the Metroplex this weekend. NS 1074 (Lackawanna) came in on KCS train IATDA-21 early on Saturday morning but gunky skies and the threat of heavy rain (and the fact I had to work on Saturday) kept me in Fort Worth. I left that shot to TO member KB5WK.

Enjoy

BNSFDS

Date: 11/23/14 18:30
Re: More NS Heritage in Texas
Author: oklachaser

Really nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/14 18:35 by oklachaser.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0529 seconds