Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A couple from the Austin Sub this morning

Date: 12/20/14 10:20
A couple from the Austin Sub this morning
Author: PALuvR

Had a cool cloudy morning here at MP 190 on the UP Austin Sub. First up was a NB empty coal train out of San Antonio. It was interesting that it had 4 units on the head end and no DPU's. Normally the empties run the same 2X2 configuration as the SB loads.
Next one through was a NB'er out of Mexico with brand new covered hoppers, built 12-14, lettered TILX and HWCX. Also hauling 5-6 new tank cars. Lot of new cars heading north out of Mexico.

I appreciate y'all taking a look.

Mike

1-2. UP 6464, UP 5841, UP 7186 and UP 5890 heading back to Wyoming
3. SD70ACe and SD70M northbound with a cut of new TILX covered hoppers on the head end

Date: 12/20/14 17:31
Re: A couple from the Austin Sub this morning
Author: sptno

Great pictures, thanks for posting.

One day when things settle down after Christmas and New Years, I am going to try and spend more time at the Bergstrom siding in South Austin, no too far from my house.

I thought that I would have more free time after "retiring" that is, dropping my company computer stuff off and telling them take the job and shove it.

But no, I have been busy doing other stuff around the house.

But my resolution for the new year is spend more time chasing trains.

Pat
South Austin, TX

Date: 12/20/14 17:45
Author: SP8595

UP 6464: CSABT9-16. You can see that the first car on the coal empty is equipped with the rail/wheel flange lubricator.

UP 8408: 2QEGNL-19

Date: 12/20/14 19:15
Author: millerdc

A golfing acquaintance works for one of the rock outfits in the area. Said they have found that by running very long unit trains they get more dependable service because their trains are so long UP can't fit them in many sidings so they keep them moving.

Date: 12/21/14 16:53
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Saw both them Rockdale and Hutto respectively, eastbound . Was driving Tyler to Austin for my sons wedding.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds