Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > IAIS Slug Set

Date: 01/02/15 04:23
IAIS Slug Set
Author: CNW8531

Had to take advantage of the sunny day yesterday and the fact that I had the day off. Both very rare for me on a holiday! Also had to try out my new lens that just came in the mail three days ago from B&H, the new Canon 100-400mm ll version. Although these shots here were taken with my trusty 24-70mm ll, I had to include them as well as this slug set looks rather cool. Photo taken on New Years Day (yesterday) at Silvis.

Date: 01/02/15 04:32
Re: IAIS Slug Set

Okay, here's some the stuff taken with the new lens.

1 The eastbound CBBI is rolling through Davenport, Iowa in the mid-morning hours.

2 Same train coming into Moline after making a short set-out at the yard in Rock Island.

3 The westbound train (BICB) is leaving the west end of the yard at Silvis after meeting and exchanging crews with the eastbound train.

Date: 01/02/15 04:39

Last one's of some interesting finds in the Quad Cities.

1 Five GE's of various paint are tied down in the yard at Bettendorf in the early morning hours.

2 Same train taken with the 24-70 for a wider angle.

3 I couldn't resist this clean and shinny unit. Is this red or what!!

Happy New Years Day 2015!!

Date: 01/02/15 05:23
Author: AndyBrown

Great set! I like the A-B-A look of the slug/switcher, and nice catch on the big GE consist.

Andy

Date: 01/02/15 06:08
Author: oklachaser

Great series of photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 01/02/15 07:12
Author: trainboy03

Great series! I've noticed CP parking northbounds at Bettendorf a lot recently, likely to make room at Nahant until a crew is available.

Erik

Date: 01/02/15 17:09
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 01/02/15 17:23
Author: bnsfsd70

Man, great shots all the way around!

On the IAIS, getting any shots that you can of the SD38-2's before they're gone is worthwhile, esp. when you can get them paired up with one of the slug sets.

On the ICE, I can't (really, I can...) believe they painted over the IC&E logo on the water tank! So sad, but thus is the march of progress.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 01/03/15 21:13
Author: oyw

Excellent shots Angus, those shots are tack-sharp. Glad you're finally getting some sun.

Have a Great New Year!

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds