Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Thanks To Our Web-Master Todd For Dunsmuir Upgrade

Date: 02/23/15 17:33
Thanks To Our Web-Master Todd For Dunsmuir Upgrade
Author: northridgeswitcher

Todd:

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for upgrading and keep up the Dunsmuir web-cam.

I know in the past you have mentioned that the cams are not one of the big traffic drivers on Train Orders but are more work and expense to keep up.

I for one appreciate them being in an area where I can't go down and watch rail traffic. Also they provide me with modeling ideas (rolling stock weathering and graffiti) for my model railroad.

The new system seems to be working great and the images are crisp and sharp. Seems like more video is being captured also.

Again thank you.

Northridge Switcher

Date: 02/23/15 17:37
Re: Thanks To Our Web-Master Todd For Dunsmuir Upgrade
Author: Hoggerdude

Thanks Todd, Northridge said it...I agree with his post.

Date: 02/23/15 17:46
Author: Valleyman

Thanks Todd from me as well. Can't tell how many trains I've gotten pictures of near Lodi, CA because of what I saw on this Camera.

Now if we can get one back on Tehachapi?

Valleyman

Date: 02/23/15 17:52
Author: jr3316

Count me in as well, Todd. I am truly grateful for the Dunsmuir Cam and all of the work (by others as well as yourself) that has gone into keeping it up and running.

Date: 02/23/15 18:18
Author: upbuddyboy

And me too.

Date: 02/23/15 22:17
Author: RyanWilkerson

I use it often...multiple times last week while in Dunsmuir. It's a vital part of my railfanning so thank you to everyone who is responsible for keeping it going!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 02/24/15 05:00
Author: webmaster

Thank you for noticing. It is the same camera, but with an upgraded computer. I shortened the length of the videos so it would operate more reliably. We were on the verge of removing the system altogether because it was so unreliable. It seems to be doing pretty well now.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds