Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Waiting Out the Night at North Yard

Date: 03/03/15 05:28
Waiting Out the Night at North Yard
Author: nwkrailfan

Since it appears that I have turned nocturnal, I find it harder and harder to get out during the day and find some trains. With no work Sunday night I made the best of the situation and went out to the old Frisco North Yard near downtown Oklahoma City. The previous night the Stillwater had brought in a loaded oil train off the UP and was stashed in North Yard account no room at the WTPS (Watco Terminal Port Services) yard in Midwest City. On the west end of the yard, two GP40-3's were tied down on the Dayton Job or the 107 Job waiting to go out Monday morning.

1) UP 7463 is tied down under I-35 with a portion of the OPWOM-24, the power will go back to the UP on an empty oil train sometime during the next week.
2-3) WAMX 4038 and 4033 sit on track 6501 with a 10 car 107 Job, waiting to go out first thing Monday morning.

Thanks for looking!
nwkrailfan

Date: 03/03/15 06:55
Re: Waiting Out the Night at North Yard
Author: mojaveflyer

Some nice night exposures! Thanks for posting them.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 03/03/15 07:07
Author: Train611

Excellent photos...

Personally enjoy night images and the challenge of making good ones.

Date: 03/03/15 09:48
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots Luke. Always nice to see the interior lights on in the cab to give added depth to the subject.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds