Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New Amtrak Power Through Denver This Afternoon

Date: 03/29/15 22:41
New Amtrak Power Through Denver This Afternoon
Author: mojaveflyer

Thanks to a tip I saw on TO yesterday I went out and met #6 at Lowell Blvd this afternoon to see two new electric units being delivered from the factory in Sacramento to service  in Amtrak's North East Corridor. I believe they were #638 and 639. When I first arrived, i heard the UP Ds 86 tell a BNSF train to wait for signals after one got by him, I realized I had one than one train coming...

Photo #1- Eventually BNSF 4702 pulled through C&S Junction and made his way west. I believe it was a Denver - Provo.

Photo #2- About 45 minutes later I heard the detector at MP 22.6 near Blue Mountain Road announce a short going by. Shortly afterwards he came around the curve at Tennyson Street. The two new units were behind the road power as he came by me.

Photo #3- As he passed me I grabbed a shot as he went by the absolute signals at C&S Junction. The track in the foreground of Photos #2 & 3 are the BNSF Golden Branch, going to the Coors plant in Golden the Beer Run takes everyday. 

Thanks for looking!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 03/30/15 06:54
Re: New Amtrak Power Through Denver This Afternoon
Author: Wurli1938

Too bad the third photo didn't have one of the new baggage cars.

Date: 03/30/15 12:05
Re: New Amtrak Power Through Denver This Afternoon
Author: kwo

Nice shots!

Happy coincidence, I got #5 and an EB BNSF train at the same spot in the morning! The Provo-Denver waited at Tennyson until 5 went by, so I was only there about 10 minutes.
~wko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds