Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nice Way to Railfan the Gorge

Date: 04/24/15 13:36
Nice Way to Railfan the Gorge
Author: Auburn_Ed

Imagine, equal distant between the UP and the BNSF, traveling in luxury, nine days.  I only wish that a train WOULD have come by while she was passing my vantage point, here near Lyle, WA.  The American Empress is quite extraordinary in these settings.  Of course, she HAS run aground five times in her life, but that's another story.  Sorry for the lack of trains, however, there IS track and roadbed in the distance.

Ed

Date: 04/24/15 13:56
Re: Nice Way to Railfan the Gorge
Author: Out_Of_Service

back in 2008 i stayed 1/2 way up on that white patch of rising geography in the background ... i love the gorge area ... hope to visit in the near future ...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/24/15 15:31
Author: asheldrake

on my bucket list......but first Amterdam to Budapest.   Arlen

Date: 04/24/15 15:53
Author: SilvertonRR100

Took the cruise out of Cascade Locks a couple years ago.  4 hours on the water and we didn't see a train on either side the entire time!  Is indeed a beautiful area.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 19:50 by SilvertonRR100.

Date: 04/24/15 21:05
Author: PasadenaSub

Great catch!  I've been to that Highway 14 rest stop many times, and saw only barges go by (plus a few trains).

Rich

Date: 04/25/15 23:12
Author: Thomas

Here's one of your pictures, adjusted in Photoshop...

Date: 04/26/15 19:13
Author: Auburn_Ed

Thanks for the touch up on the photo.......I desperately need a new monitor that I can calibrate, mine is just about dead.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds