Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > La Crosse BNSF news

Date: 05/03/15 18:44
La Crosse BNSF news
Author: pyroman

Stopped by the north end of the construction on a Menards trip to nab some photos of the bridge work just as an empty oil train rolled up to Grand Crossing lead by the NS 8337.  This is one of three bridges that will need expansion along with a few culverts (one is visible in the last image looking at Grand Crossing).  This Thursday is a court date for a legal challenge that a group says the DNR needs to do a full EIS, if the judge agrees the work will stop and the 2nd main will not happen this year in all likelihood. Local anti-train propaganda rag also known as the La Crosse Tribune had an article today about lazy people accessing the Mississippi by trespassing.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/strict-enforcement-of-trespass-law-by-bnsf-could-put-wisconsin/article_4c799ab9-34ad-5ef2-b65f-4901142e4fc5.html

Date: 05/04/15 07:50
Re: La Crosse BNSF news
Author: SR2

Thanks again for the update and the great photos.

Date: 05/04/15 15:34
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pic 2!!

Date: 05/04/15 15:41
Author: pyroman

Looks like some signal crews are starting to put in their stuff today as I noted a few mini-excavatorsand such at the north end of the new control point by Grand Crossing.  Bridge crew also appears to have most of the piles in now too for the first bridge.  Back toward Graf I see crews working up the line with finish grading and have the ditches looking nice and pretty as well, only thing missing now is the ballast a track.  Bring it!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds