Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > You're not in Florida anymore...

Date: 05/18/15 16:35
You're not in Florida anymore...
Author: mg8711

Yesterday was one of those days that began early and ended late. TO member, "santafe199", as he has done quite a few times now picked me up bright and early around 6:45AM yesterday morning. The night before an EF1 tornado decided it didn't like BNSF and blew one of its high priority Z trains right over on its side shutting down the Transcon in East Central Kansas. Fortunately for BNSF they have their Topeka Sub to send trains, one direction at a time, over. With that idea in mind Lance and I headed out and eventually ended up working the Tecumseh-Emporia stretch of the Topeka Sub and then went west to Matfield Green from there since by the time we made it to Emporia, the Transcon was back up and running. We even manged to get TO member "Milw_E70" out and about. It was in our progression west we stumbled upon this scene...

When the palm trees turn into cottonwoods, the beach side condos turn into barns that barely stand, and the beautiful women in bikini's turn into three dudes with camera's around their necks you may just not be in Florida anymore.

CSXT 5276 sits tied down with a westbound Vehicle train east of Saffordville, KS while a barn that has seen better days looks on. This poor CSX unit sure is a long ways away from home in Jacksonville... and no, while I did see an attractive woman or two yesterday, no bikini's were in sight here. :-P
May 17th, 2015

Thanks for looking!
mg8711

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/15 19:42 by mg8711.

Date: 05/18/15 19:48
Re: You're not in Florida anymore...
Author: SCKP187

Nice perspective Lucas---I know that barn.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/19/15 06:16
Author: oklachaser

Great shot Lucas! I love how you framed the old barn in the photo.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/19/15 12:12
Author: ns1000

I like it!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds