Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP derailment at Flanigan NV

Date: 05/24/15 12:30
UP derailment at Flanigan NV
Author: mleland

Not sure when but these pics were taken about 10 mins ago. Westbound loaded grain train. Looks like the unique signal for what is left of the Modoc line survived the pile up. Was a 2+1. Rear dpu is up8207

Dobbas is on site and looks like they have been for at least a while.

Mike Leland

Ps. Pics to come when dad checks his email.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/15 12:41 by mleland.

Date: 05/24/15 17:22
Re: UP derailment at Flanigan NV
Author: DaveL

Well, I finally got home.........not real great shot, waiting to see something a bit closer.....hint, hint ??

Dave

Date: 05/24/15 17:58
Author: icancmp193

Hoping I don't know the engineer....

Tom Y

Date: 05/24/15 19:32
Author: mleland

Reports on the radio were track was ok going east to near west sand pass. Past that they asked for 60 gauge bars and 100 clips. Apparently a curve had all of the ties missing their ends on the north side and the clips were gone too. Looked like the wheel dropped somewhere east of sand pass siding.

I couldn't get closer as Dobbas was already on site and my good camera was at home.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/26/15 09:25
Author: ExSPCondr

.There is a dragging equipment and hotbox detector between Sand Pass and Flanigan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/15 16:10 by ExSPCondr.

Date: 05/29/15 10:07
Author: mcfflyer

Well, that explains a lot.  Was camping in the Feather River Canyon at Sloat, and although three westbound freights came through overnight Saturday, May 23, nothing at all on Sunday until late afternoon when two pieces of motorized track equipment came through.  Heard on the scanner that they had track and time through Portola to Scotts - at 20mph.  The dispatcher said there was a work train coming, so "keep on the move".  About an hour later, an eastbound work train came through with flats with track panels of both wooden and concrete ties, rails, ties, and several cars of ballast.  Never saw a train again, until after we left on Monday at noon.  Explains why there was no traffic.

Lee Hower - Sacramento

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds