Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Random trains from Sunday morning

Date: 06/07/15 22:10
Random trains from Sunday morning
Author: oyw

When I noticed that this morning's Southwest Chief was running several hours late into LA again, I decided to make a run up to Oro Grande (near Victorville, CA). As predicted by Amtrak's Julie, the train showed up just after 7:30AM.

1) Ten cars with P42's 39 and 85 for power, as seen from the cut at MP30. After #3, I waited here for about an hour but what little traffic I saw was pretty uninspiring so I headed back west. 

2) While driving down the 15 near Alray, I noticed a BNSF eastbound climbing the Pass. BNSF 7410 was nothing out of the ordinary but at least it had a clean nose, so I made a short detour up to MP57 which is just below Summit.

3) The Mojave Flyer happened to be coming north on UP's Palmdale cut-off, so I pulled off and waited just north of Canyon siding. The five SD60M's sounded good climbing the grade (I'm not sure how many were actually running), but their appearance left something to be desired with several covered in graffiti. At least the leader 2438, still had the "We Will Deliver" slogan on its long hood.

By no means a stellar day but still good to get out for a little bit, thanks for looking.

OYW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/15 22:18 by oyw.

Date: 06/07/15 22:17
Re: Random trains from Sunday morning
Author: erielackawanna

Thanks for sharing, Bob. You did better than I did. You got out.

Date: 06/08/15 04:46
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 06/08/15 05:22
Author: 3rdswitch

Really like the Amtrak shot and spot, great effort.
JB

Date: 06/08/15 06:58
Author: MacBeau

Nice images as always, but that MP in pic #1 looks more like 20 than 30.
—Mac

Date: 06/08/15 07:43
Author: oklachaser

Great shots.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 06/08/15 20:38
Author: Cajon92

Nice series, Bob.

~Ryan

Date: 06/08/15 21:29
Author: cchan006

Thanks for sharing your little morning adventure!

Mojave Flyer is usually the go-to train for me when things are slow on Cajon on Sundays. Love your Oro Grande shot, very well executed!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0679 seconds