Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Millbrae, CA..Monday

Date: 06/30/15 07:55
Millbrae, CA..Monday
Author: SN1005

Monday, my wife had business near Mr Mills' town near Mills field, now SFO..

We arrived early to beat traffic.  As passing SFO, heard sirens.  Could not see any fire trucks.  We park by station---Cal train plus BART-- and heard that a copter went down.

Anyway, walked about and shot one picture of of station.  Museum not open while we were there.  Old U P coach needs re-painting.  But Model A REA truck is nice but in shadow.
Watched the parade of equipment....

Cheers and beers----Don---Napa---stay cool track-side....

Date: 06/30/15 13:16
Re: Millbrae, CA..Monday
Author: hogantunnel

Don,

Nice photo, and I like the UP passenger car on the south side of the depot. I believe that was a Coast Guard chopper in the accident. Practicing maneuvers close to the ground, thank goodness the crew walked away from that one.

Date: 06/30/15 14:42
Author: SPMARKETING

Thanks for the great picture.  "in the old days" SP sales had an office in with the agent. the then agent was the last person to live in the quarters upstairs.  Be intersting to see what is left.

Date: 06/30/15 17:46
Author: Notch16

The "old UP coach" is actually one of the few remaining members of the "City of San Francisco" consist of 1941, sleeping car Civic Center. The museum says it's relatively intact and original inside and out, and is part of an ongoing restoration effort. It's a truly rare car, with many innovative features for its time, from its triple bolster trucks and once-streamlined underbody equipment, to the still-preserved aluminum trim down the sides:

http://www.millbraehs.org/millbrae-train-museum.html

~ BZ

Date: 06/30/15 17:48
Author: TCnR

Also heard the Coast Guard Helicopter was practising something and wound up on it's side, described as a 'hard landing'. Crew was declared to be ok. Can't find the article though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds