Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > RBBB Red Unit rolling toward California on BNSF

Date: 06/30/15 11:03
RBBB Red Unit rolling toward California on BNSF
Author: rbx551985

SEE:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3781442

EIGHT PHOTOS BELOW show the latest updates for the RED UNIT CIRCUS TRAIN, en route today, tonight and tomorrow from Phoenix, AZ to Fresno, CA.  The following sequence was taken by Red Unit's own Joshua W. Wilkinson, while riding in the vestibule of the train's Pie Car [diner], somewhere near Salome, Arizona (Milepost 56 is shown in shot #6), and at approximately 1pm Eastern Time (as posted on Facebook).  CALIFORNIA, HERE THEY COME....!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 11:05 by rbx551985.

Date: 06/30/15 11:04
Re: RBBB Red Unit rolling toward California on BNSF

Next three images....

Date: 06/30/15 11:04

Final 2 images:

Date: 06/30/15 12:14
Author: tc

cool thanks for the photos and keep us updated on the progress.   Tim

Date: 06/30/15 13:54
Author: mtnman

Route?

Date: 06/30/15 16:19
Author: SCAX3401

mtnman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Route?

Arizona and California mainline west to Cadiz, CA.  BNSF Needles Sub west from Cadiz to Barstow, CA.  Then BNSF Mojave Sub west from Barstow to Mojave, CA.  UPRR Mojave Sub from Mojave north to Bakersfield and then BNSF Bakersfield Subdivision north to Fresno, CA.

Date: 06/30/15 17:06
Author: 6088

Great pics.. thanks for sharing.  Has the train departed Cadiz yet?  If so.. where they at?

Date: 06/30/15 17:08
Author: mococomike

Thanks for sharing, How was the ride/track on this line? I hope not too rough, you left Phoenix past my bedtime so I wasn't able to get the shots I wanted. It didn't help UP burying your consist behind  a set of auto racks and the outbound manifest in the Pheonix yard.

Date: 06/30/15 23:43
Author: 6088

Kinda suprised there were no updates after arriving at Cadiz.  I see a departure at Mojave of 23:15 and an estimated interchange at Kern Jct of 02:45.. 

Date: 07/01/15 04:54
Author: blackcatd9

6088 Wrote:
> Kinda suprised there were no updates after
> arriving at Cadiz.  I see a departure at Mojave
> of 23:15 and an estimated interchange at Kern Jct
> of 02:45.. 

After reading your Post, some of us eastcoasters were discussing the two (2) Sites which have left the scene - WestCoastRailForum (WCRF) and SoCalRailFanForum. 
With that said, we sincerely hope their members have joined or will be joining TO.COM Site for the continuation of all RR movements and subjects including the very descriptive moves of the Circus Trains as they moved thru California.
In the past, while following the CT’s in California, we were use to seeing data such as, a few examples: 

05:23 PM PDT - ATCS just POPPED on showing EAST TRAIN now ON BOTH WEST and EAST WALONG switches --T-LOOP area.  This is CP SP 351 and CP SP 352 area.

06:54 PM PDT - 377.0 Track 2 --NO DEFECTS--NO DEFECTS--NO DEFECT--284 AXLES--24 MPH --91 F—Temp.

07:57 PM PDT - PASSING PALMDALE NO 2 SOUTH END Switch. CP SP 418.  This siding was called "PALMDALE Number 2" in 1986 era SP employee timetables.

The Photos coming in are terrific as the CT moves thru its routings.
In closing - May the Magic of the Circus be yours Every Day.
Keep us updated, we will try from our area.
Field Reports Definitely Needed. 
Enjoy.  All for now.  bcd9   ∑:=)

Date: 07/01/15 08:36

Data currently received - 11:36 AM EDT - 01 Jul 15:
RUCT thru Daggett CA - 06:00 PM PDT - 30 Jun 15 - UP 4903 Lead, UP 4718 Middle, UP 3787 Trailer on BNSF Line
All for now.  bcd9   ∑:=)

Date: 07/01/15 08:39
Author: bigloc

Whats the call numbers  on the circus train.

Date: 07/01/15 08:40
Author: bigloc

Thanks.

Date: 07/01/15 08:46

Reported earlier on http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3780539
BNSF J PHXFRS1 30C
bcd9   ∑:=)

Date: 07/01/15 18:07
Author: CR3

Thanks for the photos.  Does the Red Unit still have the best show of the two or is that just history now?  Also, as an old time circus fan, I wonder if they still play any traditional circus music at the show?  I saw the Blue Unit in Ontario California a while back and the music was mostly modern.  I miss the good old days but am glad the show is still on the road.

All the best to all of you,

Ray

Date: 07/02/15 12:41

CR3 Wrote:
> Thanks for the photos.  Does the Red Unit still
> have the best show of the two or is that just
> history now?  Also, as an old time circus fan, I
> wonder if they still play any traditional circus
> music at the show?  I saw the Blue Unit in
> Ontario California a while back and the music was
> mostly modern.  I miss the good old days but am
> glad the show is still on the road.
>
> All the best to all of you,
>
> Ray

Ray, BOTH shows (Red Unit and Blue Unit) are better.  Yes, you read that right.  Let me quote the late, great Irvin Feld (father of current RBBB Pres. Kenneth Feld) when he started the second tour during the early 1970s:  he was asked by the Ringling family themselves, who had just sold their show to the Feld Family, just how on Earth could there be TWO 'Greatest Shows On Earth - which one would be "the greatest....?"  Feld's reply was PURE P.T. BARNUM, and one I love to say even to this day....

"Each year, the other tour begins an all-new 2-year tour, which is better than the last.  So naturally, BOTH ARE BETTER."  Yeap, pure Barnum.

As for the LIVE BAND on each tour, they play whatever music is chosen for that year's Edition:  usually the THEME SONG is what is played during the "Exit Music" at the conclusion of each performance, with added tunes mixed in.

Date: 07/02/15 18:47
Author: CR3

RBX, thanks for the reply.  I like the music from Merle Evans days.  I heard that the musicians are used from local unions whereever they go and they only carry a few main pieces with them like maybe the trumpet player and drummer.  Just guessing.  Hope to catch the show in Ontario, Ca..

CRS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0761 seconds