Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Saturday KCSing

Date: 10/05/15 12:35
Saturday KCSing
Author: TTownTrains

Assorted Oklahoma TOers met up with visitors from CO and CA Saturday to do a bit of fanning on the KCS in Oklahoma.  I'm sure they'll have more coverage of their adventures, but I thought I'd share a couple of goodies from our day.

We met at Watts, OK and shot 3 trains...empty coal with UP and KCS power, loaded coal with BNSF and KCS power, and a mixed freight with two KCS in 1 + 1 configuration.  It pulled into the siding at Watts to do some work at the south end of the small yard there.  In the process they picked up the dodger power consisting of 2 GP40s and a GP38-2, all in the Belle scheme.  It made a nice looking consist as it departed Watts.

Our visitors wanted to see the bridge over the navigation channel near Redlands, so we met up with them in time to photograph the mixed train again.

One more train....

Date: 10/05/15 12:37
Re: Saturday KCSing
Author: bnsfsd70

Bill, that's a wild consist.  Its not often you'll catch three 38's together on a manifest, let alone all in Belle paint.

I've def. got to get down to that part of the world sometime, as there's some GREAT scenery to be had.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 10/05/15 12:39

A loaded crude oil train followed the mixed freight, and it had the most diverse set of power we saw all day:  CP leader, KCS, NS with CP and KCS DPU.  We shot it at the Redlands bridge and again in a few other places, including the yard office in Heavener.

Thanks for looking.

Bill Gillfillan
Tulsa, OK

Date: 10/05/15 14:30
Author: 3rdswitch

Have to check out that bridge on my next pass through, nice bunch. Great variety.
JB

Date: 10/05/15 18:15
Author: gbmott

. . . why didn't you hang around for #1?  Oh wait, this is 2015 . . . .   (photo taken on the old bridge, 9-8-61)

Gordon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/15 18:16 by gbmott.

Date: 10/05/15 18:26

Nice shot of the Belle.

Bill G.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/15 20:11 by TTownTrains.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds