Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last Tuesday and Memories

Date: 10/10/15 05:58
Last Tuesday and Memories
Author: twjurgens

Grandson Walker is taking classes downtown (Lincoln, NE) this semester and I provided transportation a couple days this week.  Tuesday the 6th, he was only going to be there about 3 hours so I hung out downtown 'til it was time to take him home.  It was a good opportunity to get some pics somewhere besides my usual haunts! 

In the first view, BNSF5648 & 8790 lead a coal load south on the St. Joe sub near F Street.

The next two views are of an eastbound load departing the Lincoln yard.  6245 & 6268 are really working to get this train moving!  5825 was the dpu.

(3 more to follow)​

Date: 10/10/15 05:59
Re: Last Tuesday and Memories

On the way home, we stopped at 40th Street crossing and got a shot of 9260 & 9083 bringing a coal load east.  9797 with 5964 as dpu are bringing a KCPL empty into town.

Made me feel good when Walker said that this reminded him of when he and his older brother went with me when they were much younger!  Maybe this day will be another memory??

Date: 10/10/15 09:22
Author: santafe199

I remember spending a lot of time in the are shown in your 3rd shot. It was right before heading on up to Omaha for a weekend Model RR/Train show/Swap meet back in March of 1978. Even though the area has changed quite a bit I think it would still be fun to "camp out" there again with cameras and some pleasant company. Why, I betcha Pizza Hit might even deliver...

:^p

Date: 10/10/15 10:10

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember spending a lot of time in the are shown
> in your 3rd shot. It was right before heading on
> up to Omaha for a weekend Model RR/Train show/Swap
> meet back in March of 1978. Even though the area
> has changed quite a bit I think it would still be
> fun to "camp out" there again with cameras and
> some pleasant company. Why, I betcha Pizza Hit
> might even deliver...
>
> :^p

They probably would deliver.....but there's a Casey's about 4 blocks north that has a facility and other amenities (great pizza too).

The second and third photos are from basically the same location.  Took the second photo and spun around, walked across the street and got the third.  The first shot is probably 3 blocks south and a block east from there.

Date: 10/10/15 16:26
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds