Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Lincoln,NE questions

Date: 03/29/01 19:39
Lincoln,NE questions
Author: timkilbride

Folks,

What all subdivions met at Lincoln,NE for the BNSF. I believe the Hastings,Ravenna, and Creston do but I think there are two more or so.Also what other frequencies besides the road channels are used.

Thanks,
Tim

Date: 03/29/01 20:57
RE: Lincoln,NE questions
Author: czephyr17

<<What all subdivions met at Lincoln,NE for the BNSF. I believe the Hastings,Ravenna, and Creston do but I think there are two more or so.Also what other frequencies besides the road channels are used.>>

In addition to those you listed, you have the St. Joseph sub from Kansas City, and the Nebraska City sub, which was a branch to Nebraska City (coal trains run on it to a power plant south of Nebraska City; I think this line is a short line now?).

Also, the Sioux City sub and the Omaha sub come together with the Creston sub about 30 miles east of Lincoln, and trains to and from all of those subs funnel in to Lincoln on the Creston sub.

Going west from Lincoln, the Hastings sub actually has two separate main lines leaving Lincoln; the passenger line (used by Amtrak) heads southwest from the passenger station, which is at the east end of the Hobson freight yard; the freight line leaves from the west end of Hobson yard; the two lines meet up at Cobb, about seven miles out.

Hope this helps!

Date: 03/30/01 08:45
Author: cplittleton

Also ...

The BNSF web site has a system map on it that's pretty good.

Date: 03/31/01 13:07
Author: peddler

Here's the link to the BNSF division map.

http://www.bnsf.com/about_bnsf/html/division_maps.html

peddler

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds