Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Pikes Peak Local this morning . . .

Date: 04/22/16 11:51
BNSF Pikes Peak Local this morning . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   very little variety these days on the joint UP BNSF Denver Pueblo, CO, Joint Line main. Always look forward to the passing of the twice a week ( Mon Thur) southbound and twice a week northbound (Tues Fri) BNSF Pikes Peak Local that always has older power. With UP doing tie work on the number two normal northbound main between CTC CP Littleton and CTC CP Palmer Lake when the northbound local appeared here in Palmer Lake I turned on the scanner just in time to hear the DS give him "permission to pass the signal displaying stop indication CP Palmer Lake northbound main to main number one", which is the normal southbound main. Every since I moved here in summer '09 movements north on the normal southbound main one are very rare compared to the more often done southbounds on the normal northbound main two. Immediately changed into something I could wear outside and gave chase catching him at the "sag" near Spruce siding a couple miles north of Palmer Lake (top) again leaving Larkspur (middle) with Pikes Peak peeking over the distant hill and lastly in terrible light at the South Siding Switch Orsa on the west side of Castle Rock (bottom) then looked at the atcs hoping for another northbound but nothing in sight so headed back home for lunch ending a pleasant little diversion on this beautiful warm and clear morning in the neighborhood.
JB

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/16 12:05 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 04/22/16 12:15
Re: BNSF Pikes Peak Local this morning . . .
Author: callum_out

I've driven up to Pikes Peak and I've never seen that local (nyuk-nyuk),

Out

Date: 04/22/16 13:16
Author: Cajon92

Nice shots, JB.

Ryan

Date: 04/22/16 15:16
Author: spider1319

Great catch. Something different as you described is fun.Thanks for posting.Bill Webb

Date: 04/22/16 17:22
Author: ockahuna

Nice catch, JB.  On track two in Castle Rock (5th Street) they were dropping new ties.

Kahuna

Date: 04/22/16 17:36
Author: SP8595

Northbounder on Main 1, Woohoo!
That first shot is the "Bomb":)
Great catch!

Date: 04/22/16 20:50
Author: SCKP187

Nice catch----#3 is a great one.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/22/16 23:20
Author: Coalca

Really nice images.

Date: 04/23/16 11:52
Author: wesleygreer

Rare catch, nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds