Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kansas Flat...Or Not

Date: 07/26/16 15:59
Kansas Flat...Or Not
Author: ATSF5669

A few pics from the SE corner of the Land Of Ahhh's.
Pic 1. The not-so-thriving metropolis of Beulah.  The TULKCK northbound.
Pic 2.  The equally exciting city of Girard.  And yes, like Pittsburg (without the "h"), they are named after the cities in Pennsylvania.  This pic is the epitome of lazy railfanning: I shot it from a lounge chair on my brother in law's front porch!  Right after this we headed to Chicken Annie's for one of Kansas' most famous chicken dinners.
Pic 3.  The following day we continued our trek to Kansas City to shoot a wedding, and grabbed a few train pics along the way.  This is an eastbound near Fulton.  Way back in the woods...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/16 16:06 by ATSF5669.

Date: 07/26/16 16:04
Re: Kansas Flat...Or Not
Author: ATSF5669

Pic 4.  Same train a few miles north, taken from the Hwy 69 overpass.  I think the siding is Prescott.

Date: 07/26/16 19:49
Author: upkpfan

ATSF5669 wrote, ( headed to Chicken Annie's for one of Kansas' most famous chicken dinners.)  The most famous chicken dinners in KS.  is called Brookville Hotel now in Abilene, KS It used to be located in Brookville till it was moved.  upkpfan

Date: 07/27/16 09:12
Author: JoCoLB

To Marv: You need to check out both Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's north of Pittsburg. They are rival businesses just a short distance apart on the same road. I never have made up my mind which is best. Both outstanding. 

Date: 07/27/16 09:31
Author: bmarti7

Headed to KC? Famous for Barbeque BUT don't forget Stroud's for pan fried chicken AND/OR Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy. BTW Texans claim this gourmet treat but I think it was invented in Kansas.

Bill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1926 seconds