Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Drone video in Olathe, KS BNSF

Date: 08/21/16 12:32
Drone video in Olathe, KS BNSF
Author: docgrommesh

I was coming back from Bonner Springs, MO on August 6th and found a spot in Olathe, KS. (Timberline Rd. and Northgate) for those that live in the KC area.  I have captured tons of good stills and videos from so many places to share.  I can only post 2 more videos this month so I want to get some good ones for everyone.  Thought this SB BNSF 4091 would be good for today.  I will get the Emporia, KS. trip on here I promise and it is a treat.  I captured so much video it is just taking so much time to cram it all into a 5 min video.  I promise I will get it buttoned up today.  I put a little peice of the action on this Post.

Enjoy the view!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/21/16 14:49
Re: Drone video in Olathe, KS BNSF
Author: SCUfoamer

Sometimes my drone freaks out when I am by trains. I have noticed that this only happens around trains with DPUs - Have you ever expeienced this?

Date: 08/21/16 15:14

I have never experienced any interference's "yet".   I have a DJI Phantom Advanced and have had it for just a little over a month.  What kind of drone do you have?

Doc

Date: 08/21/16 16:44
Author: JoCoLB

I'm having trouble figuring out the location for the triple track in the still photo. Please provide details. I know the location where the drone video was taken. 

Date: 08/21/16 21:10
Author: wa4umr

As I watched this I was thinking, "How many trucks were not on that highway because the freight was on the rails?"  People that complain about trains should think about all of the trucks that are not on our highways, expecially in our metro areas.

BTW, nice video.

John

Date: 08/22/16 18:59
Author: kansas1

I think the still was taken between Emporia and Plymouth but am not certain. 

Date: 08/22/16 20:14
Author: JoCoLB

Thanks, KansasI. It looks like it might be.

Date: 08/27/16 15:24

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get on TO this week.   It is between Plymouth and Emporia.  We were at the crossing just south of HWY 50 on Rd F.
Hope you get this to answer your question.

Doc

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1757 seconds