Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey in KC

Date: 12/04/16 19:21
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey in KC
Author: docgrommesh

On September 17, 2016 I ran downtown to see if I could find the RB and B & B Train.  Bingo found it!  Took my pictures and see ya!

Of course as I was driving off here comes the infamous BNSF police...  even though it was the UP? so go figure, but I was glad I left when I did.  Not the best place in town either...

Doc

Date: 12/04/16 20:14
Re: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey in KC
Author: CP_M260

docgrommesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course as I was driving off here comes the
> infamous BNSF police...  even though it was the
> UP?

It may have UP power, but, the NS brought the trian into KC, and the BNSF took it out of KC. BNSF special agents frequent that area between 12th & 23rd Streets, but I've never had a sour encounter with one.

-Dalton 

Date: 12/04/16 20:40
Re: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey in KC
Author: docgrommesh

CP_M260 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> docgrommesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Of course as I was driving off here comes the
> > infamous BNSF police...  even though it was
> the
> > UP?
>
> It may have UP power, but, the NS brought the
> trian into KC, and the BNSF took it out of KC.
> BNSF special agents frequent that area between
> 12th & 23rd Streets, but I've never had a sour
> encounter with one.
>
> -Dalton 
>  

I haven't ever had any bad experiences with them either.  I just hate the hassle when they do stop you, but it is there job.  I am sure they drive around quite a bit down there especially with the circus train down there.

Thanks for the info.  I went down mainly to see what "was" on the front.  I actually wondered how it did work with what rails and what RR gets them around.  I was kind of surprised it was UP units.  Not being familiar with that area all that much I didn't feel real comfortable spending a whole lot of time hanging out.  I need to spend some more time downtown to get used to knowing where and where not to be.  I would love to get some more photos down there with the massive entangelment of the terminal.

Doc

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds