Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A late afternoon trip trackside

Date: 02/18/17 18:06
A late afternoon trip trackside
Author: BNSFDS

I was able to get all of my household chores and family duties finished a little before 5 p.m. so I decided to grab the camera and head trackside to see if anything was running.  I caught my first southbound of the afternoon at 5:03 p.m. at interlocking in Saginaw.

1. BNSF train V-ALTPEA3-30A heads south across BNSF's Wichita Falls Sub and UP's Duncan Sub at the interlocking in Saginaw, Texas.

Since it was getting close to the time Amtrak train 822 (Heartland Flyer) departs, I decided to head down to the Tower 60 area north of downtown Fort Worth.  After a short wait, the Flyer came through.

2 and 3. Amtrak P42-8 number 113 leads train 822 (Heartland Flyer) north across the Trinity River in Fort Worth, Texas.

Date: 02/18/17 18:09
Re: A late afternoon trip trackside
Author: BNSFDS

Fifteen minutes after Amtrak train 822 cleared, BNSF sent one last southbound through the Tower 60 area.

4, 5, and 6. BNSF train C-CKMHAF0-10A heads across the Trinity River in Fort Worth, Texas.

By the time the DPU's on the CCKMHAF cleared, the sun was about gone so I packed it in and headed home.  Three trains in a little over an hour trackside, not too shabby.

Enjoy
BNSFDS

Date: 02/18/17 19:42
Author: SP8595

Neat shots! I like that area around those bridges.

Date: 02/19/17 04:32
Author: jmbreitigan

That is some real nice late afternoon light. Enchances the photos on the bridge.
John

Date: 02/19/17 08:01
Author: oklachaser

Great series of photos. I especially like #2.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 02/19/17 15:09
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0481 seconds