Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Blizzarding at Leyden for the Provo-Denver!

Date: 02/23/17 17:03
Blizzarding at Leyden for the Provo-Denver!
Author: ColoradoRailfan

You know the expression "wait 10 minutes, it'll change" as it relates to weather? That was very much the case in the Denver-Metro area today.

I got a few shots of the (very late) Zephyr at Leyden (UP Moffat Tunnel Sub) west of Denver earlier today.

90 minutes later, I went back over to Leyden to get a few pictures of BNSF's Provo-Denver as it took the siding. The weather had gone from light snowfall and descent visibility to very heavy snowfall and poor visibility. In fact, I was going to take these shots west of Leyden, but Indiana Street (required to take if you want to get to where I was going to go) was deadlocked. Cars in both directions, not moving at all. Not wanting to mess with that, I relocated to Leyden instead.

=============

1. A headlight in the mist!

2. The train had six units on the head end, including a CSX ES40DC and a KCS SD70MAC. DS-86 put the train in the hole because he didn't have a route for the train to get in to the yard.

3. Quick peek at the Kansas City Southern SD70MAC.

=============

Now, nearly three hours later, the train is still in the siding at Leyden! Must've moved on from the "no route" reason to something else. :)

That's All Folks!

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 02/23/17 18:19
Re: Blizzarding at Leyden for the Provo-Denver!
Author: grandroad

Kevin - This work at home thing is really paying off for us TO fans. Thanks for getting out on a marginal day.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 02/23/17 21:40
Author: Notch8

I agree Paul, loving Kevin's new arrangement

Date: 02/24/17 08:09
Author: ColoradoRailfan

Glad I can oblige! I am definitely not complaining about my new arrangement, either. :)

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 02/25/17 16:15
Author: jmbreitigan

Keep them coming.John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds