Home Open Account Help 200 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pre-Winterrail Excursion on AERC

Date: 03/17/17 18:40
Pre-Winterrail Excursion on AERC
Author: CBRL

Loads of fun in the rain taking the trip from Lebanon to Sweet Home, Oregon. 
1. Beautiful sunrise on the way up near Halsey, Oregon
2. 5399 rolls into Lebanon Station
3. Car on the tracks ahead on the way back from Sweet Home

More to come

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/17 19:17 by CBRL.

Date: 03/17/17 18:44
Re: Pre-Winterrail Excursion on AERC

4. Shot from between cars of the open air car, caboose and AERC 1501
5. Wider shot of the train including the station
6. Close up with the lights on

Thanks for looking, and thanks to Chris Guenzler and the AERC folks for the putting the trip together!

Tom
CBRL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/17 18:45 by CBRL.

Date: 03/17/17 19:09
Author: Railbaron

CBRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Loads of fun in the rain taking the trip from Lebanon to Sweethome, Oregon. ...

As a note, it's Sweet Home (two words),

Date: 03/17/17 19:16

Ah, think  I got it mixed up with Swisshome, thanks!

Date: 03/18/17 00:35
Author: Jim700

Thanks, Tom, for posting the pictures.  It looks like you had a fun day.  I have fond memories of working as an engineer over 40 years ago on three jobs on that former Oregon Electric Railway branch line trackage which was never electrified:  The Sweet Home switch engine, the Weldwood (at Lebanon) Turn out of Sweet Home and the Night Logger out of Albany to Sweet Home and return.  I even got paid while spending hot summer afternoons in a swimming hole in the Calapooia River as I wrote about 4½ years ago on an AERC thread at http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2868178,2868302#msg-2868302.  The map link which I posted in the thread no longer works.

Date: 03/18/17 08:35

Jim700, thanks for that story, and I did have a good time.  I re-started my foaming activity around 4 years ago and hardly know a soul, so I had a blast chatting with many experienced rail fans. AERC is an interesting line and I would like to come back and shoot some regular activity on the line when I get the chance (and perhaps even with a little sunshine). 

Tom
CBRL

Date: 03/18/17 09:14
Author: cozephyr

Glad Tom and the other folks enjoyed Running Crane Lake AERC excursion organized by Mudrock March 17, 2017 out of Lebanon, Oregon. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds