Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Eugene is a train town!

Date: 03/26/17 16:25
Eugene is a train town!
Author: CBRL

Caught four trains after church this afternoon:

1. Amtrak 14 leaving the Eugene Depot.
2. A mixed manifest was already coming in to the yard when I got there, but I did get NS 1017 giving it a rollby with the DPU at Irving Road.
3. Grain train led by SD70ACe NS 1017 and three Dash 9s finally on the move passing Northwest Hardwoods.

A couple more to follow.

Tom CBRL

Date: 03/26/17 16:27
Re: Eugene is a train town!

1. NS 1017 and BNSF motors heading north at Meadowview and the detector at MP 655.5
2. UP 8896 lead the MHKRV south at Meadowview.

Four trains in around a hour is not bad!

Tom
CBRL

Date: 03/26/17 16:42
Author: Super_C

Does the sun ever shine there?????

Date: 03/26/17 16:45

Only when there are no trains! :)

Date: 03/26/17 18:10
Author: seod

"Does the sun ever shine there?????"

​As a lifelong resident of the Pacific Northwest I believe I am qualified to answer that question. Yes the sun does shine once every summer usually a Thursday so you have to be prepared. You do not know what month so that is the part you have to be prepared for.

Scott O'Dell (Bozo the Yabo)

Date: 03/26/17 18:34
Author: OregonOldGuy

Super_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the sun ever shine there?????

yes, but if you blink you'll miss it!

Rob

Date: 03/26/17 19:33
Author: P

Super_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the sun ever shine there?????

​I often wondered that, but my family and I made a trip to the area last summer for about 8 days and had sunny skies EVERY DAY!!  Not a single rain drop for over a week and mostly clear skies every day.  It was fantastic. 

Date: 03/26/17 22:03
Author: upbuddyboy

I cot the NS north of Salem about 1600 in the rain of course but 45 minutes later the sun was out... thanks to the person who started the NS news... rain or not it was worth getting .... at least it wasn't at night
upbuddyboy

Date: 03/27/17 04:34
Author: oklachaser

Nice photos. 

Ronda Thomas

Date: 03/27/17 05:48

Actually the summers are pretty consistently sunny and warm, it's just that summer only arrives after the 4th of July.  Glad people got a few shots of the NS SD70ACe, I was not even aware of that train - I was going to catch the MHKRV, which was waiting on the siding at Alford.  There was similar power a week or so ago, and NS leader and BNSF behind, but it was a Z train and I was a few minutes late getting there and there was no catching it!

Tom
CBRL

Date: 03/27/17 10:05
Author: WrongWayMurphy

My bride and I spent a week in Eugene last July at the Hilton across from the depot.  Every day was sunny and warm,
vs. scalding and blistering hot back home in Texas.  Was hard to go home when the time came.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds