Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Crossposted For Signal Wiring

Date: 04/20/17 07:40
Crossposted For Signal Wiring
Author: kg6nlw

I'm cross-posting this in case someone doesn't see the Railfan Tech forum every day...Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone happen to know/have a manual for the Safetran Systems crossing signals?

I recently came into a set and a lone light as well that I want to wire up. Seems from what I can tell, they run off 12 volts, but which terminal is positive and negative?

(Original Link: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,4275880 )

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 04/20/17 09:54
Re: Crossposted For Signal Wiring
Author: spnudge

Most of the xing stuff is 10 volt DC. Go to a GE railroad bulb catalog and match base for possible bulb. Some bulbs are made so the filament is straight across when locked in.

Then you will need a flasher relay with so many flashes per minute. Some of the older ones were 40 to 45.

Nudge

Date: 04/20/17 14:44
Re: Crossposted For Signal Wiring
Author: EtoinShrdlu

Look on ebay for a 500 ohm DC neutral relay, 2 sets of contacts minimum. Wire one set of contacts so they break the relay's pick-up circuit when it picks up and use a resistor or capacitor to snub it (make it slow drop away). Then wire your lamp across another set of contacts (heel - front or heel - back). 12 volts will work just fine, although 9-10v will produce a slower flashing rate and longer lamp life.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds