Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bertram TX derailment ?

Date: 04/20/17 06:39
Bertram TX derailment ?
Author: Plowhandle

Any info on this ?

Twenty cars ?

Date: 04/20/17 06:46
Re: Bertram TX derailment ?
Author: sptno

A freight train hauling empty cars on route to pickup rock in Marble Falls derailed in Bertram early Wednesday morning.

The Watco Companies train derailed around 1:17 a.m. in the 700 block of Highway 29 near County Road 252 just west of Bertram when a rail broke causing the cars to derail.

A Watco spokesperson said the train consisted of 90 empty cars and four engines. Two engines and 22 cars derailed.

Bertram’s police chief said no one was injured in the derailment and only two engineers were on board when it happened. He added that no foul play was suspected in this derailment.

A heavy equipment crew was called in at 4 a.m. and is on route from Houston to assist with getting the train upright. Cleanup is expected to take several days.

Date: 04/20/17 06:49
Author: jfrank39

There are several articles on this. Why don't you look it up yourself?

http://kxan.com/2017/04/19/no-injuries-when-22-car-train-derails-in-bertram/

Date: 04/20/17 12:58
Author: Plowhandle

jfrank39 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are several articles on this. Why don't you
> look it up yourself?
>
> http://kxan.com/2017/04/19/no-injuries-when-22-car
> -train-derails-in-bertram/

I posted my query on TRAINORDERS because I knew I would receive the information I was not able to find anywhere on the internet from the wise and all-knowing subscribers here - along with comments like yours that always make me thank the Almighty I have patience and class that come with a good upbringing.

Date: 04/20/17 13:28
Author: Txhighballer

Looks like the pileup started just east of the west siding switch at Bertram. Glad the crew is okay.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds