Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trust or Luck?

Date: 04/24/17 20:57
Trust or Luck?
Author: TexBob

So I had a job in Beaumont,TX last Friday, 4/21/2017. I was able to do a bit of railfanning there in the afternoon. Highlight of the time I was there was seeing the ZLAJX train pull up to a stop right next to me to await the arrival of an APABVR empty autorack train.

You don't see too many Z trains with only one unit, much less one ancient, nearly 22-year-old ex-SP AC4400CW. UP 6318 was SP 280 in a previous life. Any shots out there of SP 280 from back in the day?

Nice to see the the trust UP has in this old warrior. Or was the power planner feeling lucky?

Light angles weren't ideal, but the subject matter was!

Robert Pierce
Sugar Land, TX
SWRails.com

Date: 04/24/17 21:58
Re: Trust or Luck?
Author: Fizzboy7

Very nice display! The SP will live on forever somehow, someway. Thanks for sharing this great scene!

Date: 04/24/17 22:16
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Hey --- great catch and nice photos! And talk about lucky --
the train pulled up right next to you, and you got the meet --
with a CSX train!

Yes, the SP does live on, and will never be forgotten as long as railroads last.

SP forever!!

Date: 04/25/17 00:06
Author: SantaFeRuss

The mighty Southern Pacific! I miss the "Espee'"! As for the AC44CW? Good locomotives even at 22 years old. Norfolk Southern uses C40-8W units single on auto rack trains and some intermodal trains thru Pittsburgh.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/25/17 12:10
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches of SP paint--280 was one I never got in my area. Old, but they have seemed to be well-performing units these last few years.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds