Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last 3 Ringling' train-runs are just ahead

Date: 04/26/17 10:30
Last 3 Ringling' train-runs are just ahead
Author: rbx551985

I plan to post next Monday's two Ringling train-runs here on Friday (on the Eastern Railroads discussion board), however this is an advance notice to all TO.COM readers that the LAST THREE RUNS are coming within the next 2 weeks.  RED and BLUE will both move this Monday/Tuesday.  The Red Unit will roll from Hartford CT to Providence RI for their LAST train-run with everyone still aboard .... it will be quite emotional for all on the show, as after the last performance all will disembark the following day to fly home (at show expense) to wherever the live; many overseas).  The Blue Unit will roll this coming Mon/Tues from Baltimore MD to Charleston WV for 1 week there, then has ONE FINAL, 2-day train-run to Long Island.  The same goes for Blue show:  all personnel will disembark after the final show (May 21) and will fly home from there.  BOTH TRAINS will see psgr cars set out for new owners; those that remain will be taken "DARK" (no electrical power) back to Florida in GHOST TRAINS several days later after each one closes out their shows.

WHO WILL COME TO SEE THE LAST RINGLING TRAIN-RUNS?  It's The Greatest Show On Earth, and it's their last train-runs on earth.  These are THE TWO LONGEST PASSENGER TRAINS IN EARTH HISTORY (about 15-to-20 cars longer than Amtrak's Auto Train), and they're about to go to pasture for good.  There will NEVER be passenger trains this long again, as there would be no need to couple one together fhat long again for any practical need like a Ringling' tour.

Like happend back on Sept. 28, 2010, when UP's Challenger 3985 hauled the Blue Unit into Denver, let's see EVERYONE come out to document these last three runs (people drove or flew in from all over N. America for that one):  LAST THREE CIRCUS TRAIN-RUNS are next Mon. and the following Mon/Tues. --- one for Red Unit this Monday, and two for Blue Unit -- this Mon/Tues and also the following Mon/Tues.  THIS IS IT, folks .... it's the closing of a major chapter in American --- and world --- railroad history.  Sure, this is in the EAST, however there are many out west who love these two trains and the shows they carry........

Date: 04/26/17 16:51
Re: Last 3 Ringling' train-runs are just ahead
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

RIP RB Circus trains. I want to thank you personally and also for the many thousands of TO Members.. Rhett, you have been a great source plus you have a great wealth of intimate knowledge of the Circus trains over the years. Thank you for your contributions.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/17 21:33
Author: CaliforniaSteam

SanJoaquinEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RIP RB Circus trains. I want to thank you
> personally and also for the many thousands of TO
> Members.. Rhett, you have been a great source plus
> you have a great wealth of intimate knowledge of
> the Circus trains over the years. Thank you for
> your contributions.
>
> Posted from Android

I'll second the comment above.... RIP Circus Train. My 6 year old is not happy at all about the circus going away. It was a tradition for us every June and July to chase the train all over Southern California and then go see the show in July. Even as old as I am it will also be missed by me, both the show and the train. A big piece of American history passing into history itself.

CS

Date: 04/27/17 19:12
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

And I will "third" the motion! This is a very sad year.
It is very sad to lose such a very important part of
American history, and I really feel very sorry for the
RBB&B circus family, who, after next month, will never
work together again. I hope for the very best for them,
as they look for other jobs.

Rhett --
Thank you veyr much for all your great info on the RBB&B
Circus Train oer the years here on TO. I wish you very'
well after the circus ends.

RIP Circus Train......You will all too soon be gone,
but you will never be forgotten.

:(

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1292 seconds