Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > the Buzz Saw and Bar

Date: 04/29/17 10:06
the Buzz Saw and Bar
Author: ns2557

The Buzz Saw with the bar. MoP & CNW. This am I was passing thru the North Side of the St Louis area up at Mitchell Il, I happened upon the Alton & Southern. Not having any A&S shots in my collection, thought it would be proper for me to go back and take care of that small matter, regardless of the Liquid Sunshine falling from the sky. In between raindrops, I managed a few shots. A few lightning bolts kinda kept me hoping abit but not enough to not get the shots. So, here is A&S GP38-2's 2000 & 2001 sitting at a lumber facility off of Chain of Rocks Rd in Mitchell Il. Lenox Twr, is just to the right about 1/2 mile or so. Replace the Blue on cab with green and keep the yellow and ya get a CNW set of power. The Buzz Saw logo with the CNW Bar comes from Mop & CNW, which today makes it a 100 % UP Owned Subsidiary. In this shot the 2000 is waiting for a crew while in the industry. Like the blue and yellow combo, looks good. Shot 3 Here is a roster shot of ALS 2000. Even tho the rain was rather heavy when I was out getting the shots, just could not pass up the chance to grab a shot or 2. It's only rain and I don't float or melt. Thanks all for looking. Take care, stay dry. Ben

Date: 04/29/17 12:25
Re: the Buzz Saw and Bar
Author: SCKP187

Great catches of consecutive numbers and units and logos that just don't seem to get much coverage hee.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/29/17 13:08
Author: 3rdswitch

Real nice catch. I only have a single shot of the A&S myself.
JB

Date: 04/29/17 15:51
Author: SantaFeRuss

Those are some pretty good lookin units.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/29/17 20:05
Author: mopac1978

Interestingly, only a few years after the MP-CNW purchase of the ALS, the CNW sold their interest to the SSW. So for many years it was a joint MP-SSW property. In the end now, it's all UP.

Date: 04/30/17 07:10
Author: oklachaser

Great find & photos Ben.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds