Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Motorcars in Montana...again

Date: 06/11/17 21:44
Motorcars in Montana...again
Author: hawkeye

Spring Creek Trestle on the former Milwaukee Road line from Harlowtown, Montana to Great Falls, Montana and points beyond. Now operated by the Central Montana Railroad. This was my first time with an aerial platform, a bit of wind and a few rain drops. The ride was hot, wet, windy, bumpy but most of all it was a good time.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/12/17 06:47
Re: Motorcars in Montana...again
Author: highgreengraphics

Nice bridge for sure, looks quite remote there, bet it was a fun ride! === === = === JLH

Date: 06/12/17 10:15
Author: jridge

Nice video. Beautiful country especially with all the grass now green. Where did you guys start and end?

Date: 06/12/17 10:16
Author: Cumbres

CMR has several impressive bridges like this one. Wonderful aerial photography. Thanks for sharing. I rode these lines 8-10 years ago. the video brought some great memories back.

Date: 06/12/17 10:52
Author: hawkeye

We seton the motorcars in Denton, Montana and ran out to Moccassin, Montana, where the Central Montana interchanges with the BNSF. We also ran as far west as we could from Denton toward Geraldine, Montana...there is a washout near Arrow Creek as well as some stored cars on the line.

Date: 06/12/17 12:25
Author: SpeederDriver

You guys have great rides out west. Somehow, the rides in the east have become more limited in recent years. We're scheduled to do the West Virginia Central the weekend of July 1st and 2nd. I'll try to shoot some video and post it here.

Date: 06/12/17 14:00
Author: RailRat

Amazing shots! stablity and smoothness of video really looks great, despite the wind?, along with your subject. Great! And congrats on VOD!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 06/12/17 14:29
Author: Cumbres

We got to ride the whole line. First day to Geraldine where the locals had a lunch prepared for us in the restored Depot. I don't remember exactly what it was but IIRC it was Wheat Chili. Pretty good stuff. Second Day to Moccasin. Very cool railroad, very friendly. Reminded me a lot of riding the Nebkota before most of it was abandoned. They ran a dinner train and all the power was old EMD GP units. Don't remember if they were GP7's or 9's. Wonderful memories.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds