Home Open Account Help 390 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Which towns/crossings on CN's Leithton sub AREN'T quiet zones?

Date: 06/12/17 00:02
Which towns/crossings on CN's Leithton sub AREN'T quiet zones?
Author: railfaneric

Hi everybody was wondering about the towns/crossings on CN's Leithtion Sub that aren't quiet zones. I know Renwick Road near Plainfield isn't a quiet zone. Are there any others and if so, what streets are they and what towns are they in? I know the Quiet Zones on the Leithton sub are in  Crest Hill, Plainfield, Aurora, Naperville, West Chicago, Wayne, Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, and Lake Zurich. Which places aren't Quiet Zones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/17 00:02 by railfaneric.

Date: 06/12/17 00:28
Re: Which towns/crossings on CN's Leithton sub AREN'T quiet zones
Author: PHall

Just go down to the tracks and check out the whistle posts. If it's a Quiet Zone it will be marked.

Date: 06/12/17 06:09
Re: Which towns/crossings on CN's Leithton sub AREN'T quiet zones
Author: czephyr17

Or download the DOT Crossing Locator Map if you have a smart phone. When you tap on a specific crossing, then tap on the "i" symbol (for information), it will tell you if it is a Quiet Zone or not. If on that screen you tap on "inventory record", it will give you much more detail about the crossing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds