Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > C&NW then UP now Clyman Jct. Wis

Date: 09/20/17 21:15
C&NW then UP now Clyman Jct. Wis
Author: Quakerengr

There we were holding down the left hand seat as "Fireman", working out of BN's North La Crosse, Wi terminal. My fellow fireman at the time were told we would be furloughed in Dec 1983. During the fall of '83, we sat around various campfires confident that the organization & BN would reach an agreement and keep us working. Dec 1st, "Ring Ring', Hello? Yes Pat, this is Phil ( engineer/fireman crew caller who only handled our business, yes this is the way it was) you are furloughed!!
Later that month I met the future Mrs., who takes a position in Watertown, Wi, which is abt 10 miles south of the CNW's Adams line at Clyman Jct.
Knowing that eventually I would get recalled to BN's Clyde Diesel shop as a locomotive hostler, at Cicero, Il. frt yard, I relocated to Watertown. All this to show
Then Image 1 CNW train 483 w/6807-887 & 149 cars wwd thru Clyman Jct., June 1985
Now image 2 & 3, 32 yrs later, UP's train M PRVP ( Proviso to Valley Park, Mn) On Sunday Sept 17th, w/CSXT5401 west at the coal chute

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/17 12:11 by Quakerengr.

Date: 09/20/17 21:19
Re: C&NW then UP now Clyman Jct. Wis
Author: Quakerengr

Then a faded CNW hopper car now utilized for that ever growing Frac Sand biz, for which Western Wisconsin is very famous for.

Have a great week,

PWM

Date: 09/21/17 04:20
Author: 3rdswitch

Very cool.
JB

Date: 09/21/17 04:57
Author: KansasRailHead

Swheat

Date: 09/21/17 06:23
Author: Bob3985

Nice and with a typical C&NW concrete coal tower. I remember our first trip to Chicago and return with 844 and seeing that massive coal tower at DeKalb.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/21/17 10:51
Author: rrartist

Thanks for the awesome memories!!!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/21/17 19:53
Author: SP8595

Great before and after shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.056 seconds