Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Boise Sub

Date: 09/25/17 08:37
Some Boise Sub
Author: skyview

Headed to La Junta and the Boise City sub on Thr 9-21 and Friday 9-22. Per earlier post, nothing seen at all Boise City sub 1pm-7pm on Thr, with perfect skies all day. On Friday 9-22, got Amtrak and the wigwam signal, then headed back to Boise City sub as a couple of trains were moving. Sadly, the clear skies forecast for much of the day turned out to be mostly cloudy skies... only 2 trains were seen from roughly Noon to 6pm, but at least that gave me a chance to shoot a few. The first train was a loaded coal train led by BNSF 9170 seen just south of LAs Animas Jct, CO, and again at near Harbord, CO - 2 locations (and hard for me to know exactly, didnt note the mile post) seen at 209pm and 230pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/17 08:43 by skyview.

Date: 09/25/17 08:39
Re: Some Boise Sub

Hearing another train on the radio, waited at Ruxton where a very long, mostly JB Hunt, doublestack showed at 345pm led by BNSF 7447. I did not chase the train further south as wanted to get back home that evening.

Date: 09/25/17 08:48
Author: dan

storms firing down there now and a test train going to trinidad, be fun to be down south today.

Date: 09/25/17 11:38
Author: bmarti7

Obviously something irrigated (Arkansas Valley)in photo 1. This native Kansan can't figure out what?

BB

Date: 09/25/17 13:21

Believe that is a corn field!

Date: 09/25/17 13:34
Author: spwolfmtn

The last picture, a repo train move?

Date: 09/25/17 14:35

No idea on what that double stack was, or where going, or if loaded or not...

Date: 09/25/17 16:43
Author: SD45X

spwolfmtn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The last picture, a repo train move?

BDENLAC

Date: 09/26/17 02:55
Author: cozephyr

B DENLAC-Bare table Denver, CO, to Los Angeles, California (repo train).

Date: 09/26/17 08:04
Author: ntharalson

skyview Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Believe that is a corn field!

Looks more like sorgum to me.

Nice photos.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 09/26/17 15:20

hmmmmm well was 5 foot or so tall, sure thought it looked like corn... but I dont grow crops... had to stand high to shoot over tops... must admit didnt look for the corn itself....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds