Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > AT&SF OD color Baggage car at Cordelia Junction Antique Mall Fair

Date: 10/14/17 09:53
AT&SF OD color Baggage car at Cordelia Junction Antique Mall Fair
Author: ATsf2921-4-8-4

If someone has photographs of the AT&SF baggage car located at Cordelia Junction Antique Mall in Fairfield California
would you be so kind to publish them in this blog site.
NMSL&RHS's AT&SF 4-8-4 2926 in Albuquerque is in the market for a tool car and this baggage car would be ideal and is a perfect match for 2926.
The NMSL&RHS needs to see a photograph of the car but I can't locate any.
Thanks

Date: 10/14/17 11:16
Re: AT&SF OD color Baggage car at Cordelia Junction Antique Mall
Author: Carondelet

I'm pretty sure they have a Santa Dr baggage car that was donated to them - it's in Ohio...

Date: 10/14/17 11:32

I'm pretty sure they have a Santa Dr baggage car that was donated to them - it's in Ohio...

True but the Ohio car does not match the time period of 2926 and the AT&SF baggage car in Fairfield CA is perfect.

Date: 10/14/17 11:50
Author: hotrail

There was a threads here on TO about these cars a few months ago. It sounded like those cars had been cut up quite a bit to incorporate them into the mall building.

Date: 10/14/17 11:58
Author: SCAX3401

This is what the car looks like. This was taken by the Google Street View car. The railroad cars at the Antique Mall are immediately next to I-80.

Date: 10/14/17 12:58
Author: Topfuel

BNSF6400 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is what the car looks like. This was taken
> by the Google Street View car. The railroad cars
> at the Antique Mall are immediately next to I-80.

Is there some reason to believe this car would be available to the 2926 group? Has that mall closed?

Date: 10/14/17 13:15
Author: jointauthority

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!!!

Topfuel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF6400 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is what the car looks like. This was
> taken
> > by the Google Street View car. The railroad
> cars
> > at the Antique Mall are immediately next to
> I-80.
>
> Is there some reason to believe this car would be
> available to the 2926 group? Has that mall
> closed?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/14/17 22:19
Author: 350

The Western Railway museum at Rio Vista Jct had a ATSF Baggage car. However I believe they gave it to a farmer down the valley out side of Patterson, CA for his static train display......? Perhaps the farmer would be willing to donate this car to the New Mexico group?????

Date: 10/15/17 11:18

Does anyone have a contemporary photograph of the Western Railway museum at Rio Vista Jct that had a ATSF Baggage car and who may have given it to a farmer down the valley out side of Patterson, CA for a static train display?
If so, could you post it on this site?
Thanks
Pat

Date: 10/15/17 18:59
Author: wpamtk

Here's a couple photos taken on 9-15-08, at Stevinson, CA (near Merced), at a farm-themed dining/entertainment venue whose name I don't recall. Baggage car ATSF 1772 is part of a train consist used as a restaurant. I believe the baggage car is used as a gift shop. Had to crash a wedding reception to get these photos (but nobody seemed to mind).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/17 19:02 by wpamtk.

Date: 10/15/17 21:44
Author: 350

ATSF Baggage car 1772 at Stevenson was the same baggage car that was at the Western Railway Museum for years. The museum used the car for archives and storage of their library. The car was always stored in side car barn No.2.......

Date: 10/15/17 21:50
Author: JimBaker

Very Interesting !!

What is the story on the 4-4-0.
I don't see builders plate on the smokebox.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 10/15/17 23:39
Author: wpamtk

The venue is called the Double T Ranch. Their website (www.thedoublet.com) has a brief history of each piece of railroad equipment. The 4-4-0, was originally UP, then SP. In more recent years, it found it's way through various museums before it reached the Double T.

An interesting feature of the dining experience is the simulation of train movement, sort of like in the Pullman car at CSRM. In the Double T's case, a winch tightens and loosens cables that run under the train, making it rock and vibrate a little. The first photo shows the shed at the end of the track that houses the winch. In the second photo, you can see the cables between the rails extending beneath the caboose. Not listed on the website roster, they also have an idler flatcar from the San Francisco Belt RR (third photo).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/17 23:43 by wpamtk.

Date: 10/19/17 10:04

Thank you wpamtk
That was excellent.
I had no idea they were there!
Regards
Pt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0561 seconds