Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Austin TX

Date: 11/20/17 19:26
Austin TX
Author: MEKoch

I am in Austin for Thanksgiving to visit kids. I am not familiar with Austin at all, except having ridden the Eagle through here several times.

What happens on the Austin & Northwestern? Thank you for your help giving me an education about Austin railroad operations.

Date: 11/21/17 12:40
Re: Austin TX
Author: Topfuel

You might check out this website that talks about a commercial development in West Austin you might enjoy seeing. There are 3 former Texas Zephyr passenger cars and 2 former Sunset Limited cars there, including a Pride of Texas Coffee Shop car that you might have worked on:

www.texascompound.com

Date: 11/21/17 12:41
Author: Topfuel

Also, you must check out the Austin Steam Train on the north side of town. They have amassed a pretty impressive collection of passenger cars there that you can ride on if you have time.

Date: 11/21/17 17:32
Author: Wosborn

Tour of Pride of Texas car can be arranged. Restoration will be complete in about 30 days with tenant taking possession of the space then. Cell 512-773-4121 for arrangements. - William Osborn

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0238 seconds