Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A couple of Wed Needles Sub

Date: 11/22/17 20:50
A couple of Wed Needles Sub
Author: stevelv

Was on the eastern end of the Needles Sub from about noon to 3:45. Saw about 8 trains probably more if a westbound Z train had not gone into emergency near Kingman delaying a bunch more westbound trains. Saw a few interesting trains though.

1. Eastbound intermodal near Klinefelter.

2. WB 1x2 steel coil train near Bannock.

3. DPU’s on coil train near Klinefelter when I first watched him struggling up Goff’s Hill.

4. Coil glint at Bannock.

5. First train of the day was an EB empty hopper train with these silver GATX hoppers. Unit open top hopper trains are rare on the Needles. Can anyone inform me as to where and how often these trains run?
Thanks.

Steve B,

Date: 11/22/17 20:51
Re: A couple of Wed Needles Sub
Author: stevelv

Last 2

Date: 11/22/17 21:22
Author: DynamicBrake

Steve, nice use of light in some of those. Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 11/22/17 21:54
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice shots, Steve! I really like #2 & #4... Thanks for sharing.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 11/22/17 22:45
Author: Hookdragkick

Seen the coil and coal train today at Needles depot. The coal train is rare and not many run. I can't recall the last one i seen.

Anyhow, its Cushenbury, CA to Carbon Coal in Gallup, NM and back. The coal is trucked down from Colorado and loaded into hoppers. Mexico buys most of it; California sometimes uses it too. The last CA coal train I remember was a Corona-originator.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/23/17 06:00
Author: ns1000

I like Pics 2 and 3!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds