Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Pueblo Colo and Rock & Rail

Date: 03/13/18 19:02
Some Pueblo Colo and Rock & Rail
Author: msns2557

Hi everyone, Well we got home yesterday and after spending the whole day relaxing we had to go to Pueblo today for my better halfs VA Appt there. While that did not go well at all, the rest of the morning did. We made a stop in the yards at Pueblo and again on the way home via the"back way" to see what, if anything was moving along the ex DRGW Tennessee Pass Line west.

In my first shot from today. Over in Pueblo, on the UP side of things we found a few units gathered about. Here is UP 7372 and UP 7001 waiting attention. The 7001, I believe came in on UP's daily Denver-Pueblo run as the 2nd unit, the UP 9072 was at North Yard in Denver on Sunday afternoon when we actually got back to Colorado.

Shot 2. On our way home from our journey this morning we found the Rock and Rail working the cement plant at Holcim in Portland Co. While we were not able to get any shots of the R&R down in the plant trackage we did ok, just abit farther west. At the East Switch of Adobe Siding we found the Rock & Rail Rock Train waiting on a new crew. UP 9830 lead this days version with UP 2462 trailing. My better half says the 2462 is becoming a "rare" unit anymore due to them getting up in age. He was surprised to see one in operation.

Shot 3. We did double back twds the Holcim Plant and we did manage to shoot the Rock & Rails power after getting tied down at their little facility they have here. The crew, he said, could possibly be heading over to the UP 9830 to take the rock train to Pueblo. He said he was only guessing at this tho, as they did park and head over to the train as we went past. But, here are RRRR 501 and 201, put away for the day.

All my info in regards to what we are looking at comes from my library, or my better half, as he refers himself. I don't mind that tho. We do make a pair.

Thanks to all of you for looking at some of my recent shots. The weather by the way, is much better here in Colorado than what we have been in thoughout some of the other area's of the country. Glad to be home for awhile. Thanks again. Kristie

Date: 03/14/18 21:06
Re: Some Pueblo Colo and Rock & Rail
Author: Realist

Whatever became of all that old equipment in Canon City that the Dinner Train people had to get moved?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds