Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dunsmuir Cam

Date: 04/11/18 10:28
Dunsmuir Cam
Author: wjpyper

On the Dunsmuir Cam this morning at 7:48 am there is a southbound mixed consist. In that consist is a centerbeam carrying what looks like wrapped lumber. In that load is what appears to be a couple of "spacers" between parts of the load. I have never seen this before. Does anyone have any static pictures of something like this that they could post?
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

Date: 04/11/18 10:50
Re: Dunsmuir Cam
Author: J.Ferris

Bill,

Large cardboard tubes to keep the load from shifting.

J.

Date: 04/11/18 12:07
Author: spsunset

What keeps them in place if the load shifts?

Thanks Jim

Date: 04/11/18 13:21
Author: wjpyper

J.Ferris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill,
>
> Large cardboard tubes to keep the load from
> shifting.
>
> J.
Thought it might be something like that, but as I said, had never seen it before. Thanks for the info.
BP

Date: 04/11/18 15:26
Author: DaveL

I have also seen inflatable bags used to fill any space like that.
The tubes are new to me, they look like a somewhat more cost effective solution.

DaveL

Date: 04/11/18 15:36
Author: FiestaFoamer

Huh, saw that same train coming down the Graham Line in Portland at around noon yesterday. Must have been QHKRV.

Date: 04/11/18 16:40
Author: czuleget

The load looks like glue lam beams or Para Lams.

Date: 04/11/18 21:46
Re: Dunsmuir Cam Audio
Author: TCnR

Just thought I would add that the recent Rail-Grinder project has left that interesting pattern on the railhead, the passing trains make a 'RRRRRRR' noise now rather than some other train-like noise. Pretty interesting in that train-kinda way.

Here's a photo of 'the grind' from a few earlier this month at a different location:

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0704 seconds