Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Improvising when needed

Date: 04/16/18 14:25
Improvising when needed
Author: ns2557

Well, Had to venture into town today for some errands. Didn't think to grab my camera, which I usually DO NOT do. Here's why. Ya just mever know what will show up. Crossing the ex DRGW Tenn Pass ML in Canon City at the Colo 115 crossing I spied this one. The Hwy 115 is the next crossing west of where I am at here. This is S 10th in town, right outside the old CC&RG Shops building which still sits off to the left. Rock and Rail NB Rock Train led by UP 9830/2468, See it's still possible to shoot UP power here on this former UP/SP/DRGW track. Tho UP usually doesn't come farther west than Portland at the Holcim Cement Plant there. But I took this shot with my only option at this point, my cell phone camera. Not to bad for what it is. Should have known that they were in town as my wife (msns2557) said she heard a train very early this am. Figured it would have to be the R&R, but no tellin which way they were headed. That doesn't excuse me of the fact that I forgot (CRS) to bring my camera with me. Thanks for looking. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/18 15:00 by ns2557.

Date: 04/16/18 14:41
Re: Improvising when needed
Author: miralomarail

Ben, that's a nice image

Date: 04/16/18 15:42
Author: bobk

Nice catch!

Date: 04/16/18 23:59
Author: WP805A

Great shot ! .

Dave Dodds
San Dimas, CA

Date: 04/19/18 06:23
Author: oklachaser

Great shot Ben.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 04/19/18 08:18
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds