Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Notice to all former Bayshore Employees

Date: 04/19/18 07:40
Notice to all former Bayshore Employees
Author: drumwrencher

The city of Brisbane is planning to record a video/audio history project. If you worked at Bayshore yards or shops, they want you to be interviewed for the project. Below is the email I received from Cris Hart regarding the project. I’m hoping all of you former Bayshore folks can do this. All you have to do is tell your stories about life at Bayshore.

———————————————-

Hi guys....

I'm working with City of Brisbane on an oral/video history documentation project. I'm reaching out to ALL who have 1st hand or 2nd hand remembrance of the operations of SP at the bayshore roundhouse or yard. (1st person would be an active employee, 2nd hand would have been a person who visited as an observer or had continuous contact with a full timer) . Please let me know if you are interested in participating in an interview or know other 1st hand survivors or 2nd hand colleagues. I need to get people onto a list and into the budget! My next meeting on this is next week, but I need names by Monday for Stuart.

I know some of you here are candidates already, but PLEASE reach out ASAP to others so I can build a list.

ALSO Someone is going to need to act as a host/interviewer for these videos. Let me know your level of interest, you could help tie the interviews together.

This is legit and IMPORTANT to preserve SP and railroading skills in the the city of Brisbane active memory...realize where this is going when the future of the roundhouse comes into play

cheers,
cris

———————————————-

Give it a shot, guys. We’ve been working our butts off trying to save the roundhouse, and the history of railroading in the SF/Brisbane area. It would mean a lot, to us and future generations.

If you’re interested in participating, please PM your contact info to me. I’ll forward it to Cris.

Thanks

Walter

Posted from iPhone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/18 07:56 by drumwrencher.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds