Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > From the window

Date: 05/16/18 16:40
From the window
Author: msns2557

Into this great hobby that is. Traveling with my better half while he "works" (snicker, snicker) he takes me with him and shows me what he has been doing for the past 46 years or so. He told me when we married 34 years ago he really liked trains. Never really looked at it the same way he did until about the last 9 months or so. A new camera that Santa put under the tree made a big difference. I will hopefully be posting shots here and there as time goes on of shots that I have taken. He (ns2557) has to tell me the particulars about what I am looking at, but soon enough, I'll know myself. I tell him what to say, he just types it, as he can do this a whole lot faster than I can. But, enough banter and on to my latest shots.

Shot 1.. We were over along the West Virginia Turnpike and I needed to stp at a Wally Wold for some things. He said he "knew" the perfect one to go to. Over in what we have since learned is Quincy WVa we found the store and of course some trains. Here is the Kanawha River RR at the old Dickenson Yards here. WAMX/KVWA 4213 an old SD45 now called an SD40-2. Like the way the hills behind kinda form with the cab. (Yeah, I know, not western board actually but there is a connection, the 4213 is ex SP 8901 and it is "West" Virginia. That would be CITX SD60 6000 behind the 4213.

Shot 2. A little more geographically correct with this one. We were on Neb Hwy 2 headed into Alliance Ne, the big BNSF Coal Yard and crew change along the way. At the American Electric Power/Alliance Car Repair facility we found these 2. That would be AEPX SL110 1101 in front and AEPX GP35R 2703 behind. Hubby told me he knew abt the 1101 and shot it a few years back, but didn't know abt the 2703. So we both scored on this one. 5-15-2018

Shot 3. Another from Alliance. We stopped for this one in particular but had to wait for an empty to pass before we could grab this shot. He says this is a lease unit(Will get that figured out soon enough"). I just like the colors on this one. And all the others too!. 05-15-2018

So thanks to any and all who look at these shots. Hope ya enjoy them as much as I am in taking them. Til next installment. Take care. Kristie.

Date: 05/16/18 18:16
Re: From the window
Author: NS4271

Really great photos Kristie.
Thanks for posting.
Tell Ben I said hello.
Bruce

Date: 05/16/18 21:04
Author: SCKP187

Really nice photos--sure like all the different unit models and paint you got.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/17/18 06:15
Author: oklachaser

Really great photos. I'm glad that you are getting to spend more time with your hubby and shooting trains. I started rail fanning with Brian (SCKP187) about 6 years ago and I'm still learning information about the different types of trains. I hope that you continue to enjoy it like I do.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds