Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > on the road again . .

Date: 06/19/18 21:20
on the road again . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . . slept in this morning before spending a couple of hours in Kingman Canyon then headed south for lunch in Lake Havasu, Parker and Dome Valley. First two trains on this very slow morning were a pair of westbounds descending through the Canyon with the second trains DP units following along . . . just EIGHT more to go . . .

Re: on the road again . .

. . . climbed to the top hoping for a couple more and got one eastbound (top) then descended back to the truck and headed out only to have to make a quick turn around as another westbound came around the corner grabbing a couple of quick coming and going shots (middle and bottom) before leaving the area. . . FIVE more . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/18 21:23 by 3rdswitch.

. . . after making my lunch stop in Lake Havasu at the Panda Express then arriving Parker only to be let down with the news todays train was NOT going to run, bummer. Headed south to East Yuma, better known as Fortuna Hills, where I usually stay when visiting Dome Valley as it's ten miles closer. Used Priceline to get a forty one dollar room at Microtel. I have stayed here before with the smallest rooms I have ever had and no refrigerator or microwave. Just as info for others, I asked about an upgrade to the "suites" with refrigerators and microwave and was told in was only ten bucks, WELL WORTH IT as you get a room more than twice as big. Do it! Talked to a friend (THANKS!) to see what might be happening on the UP as the area is MOSTLY east in the morning west in the afternoon type shots. Was told a westbound was coming so stacked out a spot at the west end of Kinter siding, the first siding EAST of Yuma, catching this interesting manifest that was MOSTLY good old fashioned boxcars with a freshly painted leader (top) and his DP units (middle) curving northwest towards Yuma and a fresh crew. Knew there was one more westbound out there and heard the detector on main one in Dome Valley go off and set up only to hear the detector on main two also go off? Thought MAYBE run around by a Z train but was surprised it was the UP Yuma Local with a single car (bottom), must have been "short on time"? . . . LAST TWO . . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/18 20:28 by 3rdswitch.

. . . the 1 X 1 stack train that got the run around came shortly rounding the big ninety degree curve between Kinter and two tracks at Dome (top) and just before sunset another 1 x 1 stack train came east after meeting the westbound at the end of two tracks at Blaisdell (bottom) ending this lite day in the HOT southwest.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/18 21:39 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 06/19/18 22:13
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE and interesting shots. I too like Dome Valley area.

Larry

Date: 06/19/18 23:30
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Series!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/20/18 05:04
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!! I like Pics 2 and 4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/18 05:05 by ns1000.

Date: 06/20/18 06:02
Author: SCKP187

Nice trip JB. The boxcar traffic looks real nice.
Brian Stevens

Date: 06/20/18 09:37
Author: SP8595

Another Great series! Fantastic light in those last 2 pictures.

Date: 06/20/18 12:03
Author: Quakerengr

Yes great series!! Thanks for sharing, keep them coming. As for that local running around the stacker. A good local crew knows what their dispatcher likes. Up north here, we have sent cheese curds and sweet corn to our regular dispatchers down in Ft. Worth. Keep the person in control Happy!!

Pat

Date: 06/21/18 08:53
Author: bobk

Great shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0585 seconds