Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF business train in Canada?

Date: 07/19/18 18:17
BNSF business train in Canada?
Author: milepost180

I did not know whether to post in Western, Canadian or Passenger trains.  Monday night I was returning to Vancouver, Canada from Bellingham, WA.  About 10km north of the border, I saw a business train being pulled by a BNSF engine.  There were several cars.  The last car had the picture window and staggered windows climbing the side of the car.  It was around a little after 9pm and it was too dark to give chase for pictures.  I don't follow such movements but some people seem to be interested in them.  I haven't seen any posts regarding this train.  Perhaps they are visiting the Delta Port intermodal facility expansion in Ladner.

Date: 07/19/18 18:29
Re: BNSF business train in Canada?
Author: callum_out

Perhaps Warren is looking to buy Canada?

Out 

Date: 07/19/18 18:58
Author: czephyr17

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps Warren is looking to buy Canada?
>
> Out 

He already owns the line referenced.  Probably just BNSF officials inspecting the territory and facilities, perhaps to meet with customers.

Date: 07/19/18 19:37
Author: PRR_4859

Is Delta Port exclusively served by BNSF?

Date: 07/19/18 23:15
Author: BoostedFridge

PRR_4859 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Delta Port exclusively served by BNSF?

No, CP, and CN would be the primary users of the port.  BNSF would have the second most coal trains though.

Date: 07/21/18 12:15
Author: HomerBedloe

Technically, Deltaport is the container facility leased from the Port of Vancouver.  Only CN and CP have rights to serve DP.  Westshore is the coal facility that is also leased from the Port; all three carriers (CP, CN, BNSF) have rights to access WS.  The name of the entire facility at the end of the jetty is Roberts Bank.

The original poster mentioned a BNSF officer train.  It was my understanding that that train started at the Amtrak station and went south from there.  If so, it probably did not go out to Roberts Bank as the connection at Colebrook is in the wrong direction.  The train would have had to back out to RB if it actually went there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/18 12:18 by Railfool03.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0539 seconds