Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Land of Enchantment Big Skies

Date: 11/30/18 16:54
Land of Enchantment Big Skies
Author: kyrasmus

Monday morning I drove following BNSF's Clovis Sub from Belen to Vaughn, NM. I got a nice treat with a paceable eastbound ethanol empties featuring an ex-Santa Fe SD75I in the consist.

After passing through the sleepy village of Encino, NM, the engineer throttles back out on power on the upgrade to the crossovers at Carnero.

The heat waves clearly show that the second unit, BNSF 4000, is not putting into the fight this morning.

Getting ready to pass under the US285 overpass, the vast skies of New Mexico make for a spacious and serene backdrop of BNSF's busy mainline.

Kyle Rasmussen
Centerville, UT

Date: 11/30/18 17:15
Re: Land of Enchantment Big Skies
Author: spsniper

I am enchanted looking at your photos thanks a bunch! What does the grade start out as and go up to it looks like they are on the dig out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/18 17:16 by spsniper.

Date: 11/30/18 17:53
Author: SP8595

Neat series!

Date: 11/30/18 18:06
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice. Amazing you can compress a hundred plus car train into less than five inches.
JB

Date: 11/30/18 18:44
Author: texchief1

Nice shots, Kyle.  Were you on the shoulder of highway or on the other outsie of guardrail?

Been there many times.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 11/30/18 20:16
Author: bmarti7

Nice series. I drove that stretch of of US 60 many times. But I always seemed to catch a 70 mph pig train when the highway limit was 55, back in the day. 

BB

Date: 11/30/18 20:21
Author: kyrasmus

There’s a little pull off right after the bridge. With a vehicle about every 60 seconds it’s a fairly safe place to stop. 

Date: 12/01/18 15:17
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

Date: 12/01/18 21:59
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE series! Drove thru there a few times in the past century.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds